Monday, February 22, 2010

Thing 12: Fun Web 2.0 Tools!

Wow! Thing 12 can sure take a lot of time out of my day if I wanted it to. What amazes me most about these applications is that they are free. FREE! I tried out a couple of them, but clearly could have spent more time exploring the majority of them because they look so interesting.

One tool I used was www.befunky.com, which is a fun to with which to work. I know that there are a lot of programs out there that do some of the same things as befunky, but there seems to be a lot of choices in this particular program. Not all of them look so good. Here is one that I do like though.



I can see using this program for photo variations on homemade Christmas cards. You can even use it to change clip art. In this next image I took a simple red "no" circle clip art and added an effect to it for a completely different look (see the before and after photos).





I also created a video AND learned how to embed it into this blog!

This program (www.xtranormal.com)definitely has potential in the classroom. If you don't have time to allow students to create their own videos from scratch, Xtranormal is an easy and creative tool your students can use to quickly make a video.

2 comments:

  1. I can easily see our students using some of these tools to enhance their projects. I am sure they are not as amazed as we are about the number and potentiality of these tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xtranormal has many possibilities. Thank you for creating and embedding one!

    ReplyDelete