Monday, February 22, 2010

Thing 13: YOUUUUUU TUUUUUBE!

I LOVE YouTube! Did I say that I loved YouTube? I love YouTube. I have found so many uses for YouTube in the classroom. I found endless instructional videos on writing effective introductions and conclusions, and here is one that I found to liven up a PowerPoint presentation on postmodernism:

Not all videos are good though, so it does take time to watch and filter out those that don't accomplish what I want them to accomplish. However, I don't find that a deterrent to using YouTube in the classroom, much like I do some other programs.

YouTube also opened the door for amateur movie makers. One thing that I discovered today while on the site are the "shows" uploaded. You can follow certain people as he or she creates new episodes of his or her show. I've not explored this before, although my kids have exposed me to Fred and Dax Flame, who are both very funny (and stupid) at times.

My 79-year-old mother has also taken to YouTube. She likes cute cat videos the most, but enjoys all sorts of funny videos as well. Evil Eye is one of her favorites:

While Evil Eye is definitely a cute video, I about fell over laughing when I saw this one:

2 comments:

  1. Did you explore TeacherTube, SchoolTube, and/or Discovery Streaming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've explored TeacherTube before and I use Discovery Streaming. I've not checked out SchoolTube. Was I supposed to for this Thing? If so, I must have missed that.

    ReplyDelete